Club Med has announced the launch of a variety of new developments over the next year, including the opening of ski resorts in the French Alps and Japan, a reimagined French luxury sailboat and renovations in Punta Cana . Highlights include:
New this winter: three all-inclusive mountain resorts
Club Med will inaugurate three mountain resorts this winter, further establishing the brand as the premier ski operator with more than 20 mountain resorts across Canada, the Alps and Asia. Club Med’s all-inclusive ski experience includes ski lessons, lift tickets, unlimited food and drink, kids’ clubs, après-ski activities, entertainment and more. These new resorts pave the way for the brand’s next all-inclusive mountain resort to open in Utah in 2025, marking its first resort in the United States in over 20 years as well as the first-ever Exclusive Collection (5-star) mountain resort in North America. Club Med’s new all-inclusive mountain resorts include:
- Club Med Tignes (French Alps): Opening December 4, 2022. Tignes Val Claret, one of the most popular ski destinations in the Alps with one of the longest ski seasons, has been home to Club Med since 1958. After a complete renovation of the resort, the brand new Club Med Tignes will reopen in center of the city’s liveliest district, making it a hotspot for winter sports and nightlife. The renovated resort will feature 430 rooms, including 25 Exclusive Collection (5-star) suites, ski-in/ski-out access, two restaurants offering international cuisine, a full-service spa and restorative salt wall, the largest heated indoor pool in the resort. Alps, kids’ clubs with activities and lessons for children, and a ski area suitable for all levels with activities like group ski lessons, snowboarding and snowmobiling.
- Club Med Val d’Isere (French Alps): Opening December 17, 2022. Club Med Val d’Isère is undergoing a transformation and will reopen as the brand’s first Exclusive Collection (5-star) mountain resort. As an Exclusive Collection property, Club Med Val d’Isère will offer its guests personalized services and enriched experiences, including a dedicated concierge service, evening champagne service and 216 spacious and luxurious redesigned Deluxe and Suite rooms with balcony overlooking the mountain landscape. Located in the Tarentaise valley at an altitude of 1800 metres, this authentic village is home to an internationally recognized ski resort with a rich sporting past. The resort will redefine mountain luxury with unlimited ski-in ski-out access, fine dining with new dining experiences, immersive and engaging kids’ clubs, indoor pool, and wellness programming including a full-service spa and fitness centre. variety of yogic experiences.
- Club Med Kiroro Peak (Hokkaido, Japan): Opening December 15, 2022. Renowned for its generous snow cover and unspoilt natural environment, the coveted ski destination of Hokkaido will host Club Med’s brand new four-season mountain resort in Asia. The 400-room Club Med Kiroro will offer a one-of-a-kind ski resort experience, giving guests access to some of the best champagne powder snow in the world with long ski seasons and fresh ski slopes. This Club Med mountain vacation will also include unlimited ski-in ski-out access to an unspoilt ski area with 23 runs and activities like snowboard lessons, group skiing and snowshoe treks. Inside, guests can enjoy a kids-only zone with highly personalized kids’ clubs, a gallery showcasing works by local artists, and culinary delights that combine authentic French savoir-faire with Japanese gastronomy.
Set sail in December 2022: the renovated French luxury sailing yacht Club Med 2
After a multi-million dollar refresh, the legendary French sailing yacht Club Med 2 will sail again in December 2022. Due to the modest size of Club Med 2, guests can explore some of the most exclusive locations in the world, such as Portofino, Nice, and Tobago Cay, with voyages of up to 21 days that allow for authentic, immersive destination-focused experiences.
As part of Club Med’s Exclusive Collection portfolio, this five-masted yacht will feature all-new teak decks and mahogany rails as well as outward-facing staterooms for an added touch of luxury. The restaurants, lounges and guest hallways will also feature new furnishings and décor designed to reflect the vibrancy of the Mediterranean Sea.
Aligned with the all-inclusive concept of Club Med, Club Med 2 will welcome families, groups and couples with an exciting range of activities including two saltwater pools, live entertainment, water sports such as windsurfing and paddleboarding, and new experiences like Wing Surfing and the Hobie Eclipse Mirage (a stand-up paddleboard with steering handlebars!) Plus, while the kids enjoy dedicated kids’ programs available in the summer and throughout During the holiday season, parents will find relaxation at the luxurious Club Med Spa by Sothys, a new yoga experience on the terrace or pleasure at the main restaurant Le Monte-Carlo, with new seasonal menus created by Ferrandi inspired by international cuisines found from port to port.
Starting winter 2023, Club Med 2 will offer a new all-inclusive day trip to the Caribbean Beach Club with beach activities, water sports, live music and beach lunch with champagne at will and refreshments. The tour will visit Isla Catalina, Mayreau and Prickly Pear Island.
In 2023, Club Med Punta Cana will welcome new construction and renovations
Supporting Punta Cana for more than 40 years, having built the area’s first resort in 1978 and later spearheading the development of Punta Cana International Airport, Club Med has announced renovations and additions to the property -loved Club Med Punta Cana brand resort. In the summer of 2023, the resort will see:
- A new destination wedding venue: Opening July 2023. As demand for destination weddings continues to boom, Club Med Punta Cana will host a new on-site wedding venue in partnership with renowned Brazil-based wedding planning professionals Grupo Bisutti and specializing in destination weddings. The new wedding venue, Grupo Bisutti Club Med Punta Cana, will be located along the beachfront of the resort fully integrated into its surroundings, with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Caribbean Sea and lush palm trees seen from every angle. The facility can accommodate up to 250 people and can be divided into three distinct spaces, all with access to a 3,982 square foot covered outdoor terrace ideal for tropical cocktails, receptions and ceremonies. Also included will be guest bathrooms, a large banquet kitchen and a bridal suite. Following the success of Grupo Bisutti venues at Club Med’s Brazilian properties, including Club Med Lake Paradise and Club Med Trancoso, Grupo Bisutti will curate the venue’s culinary menus, entertainment and décor. The hybrid venue can also be used for a variety of events, from corporate meetings to special gatherings, and guests can enjoy all-inclusive access to the resort’s daily culinary offerings, land and water sports, and premium accommodations. range, including an exclusive (5-star) space collection comprising 32 luxury suites.
- Complete Renovations of Family Housing + Restaurant: Starting in July 2023, Club Med Punta Cana will host 90 newly renovated two-bedroom family rooms, equipped with balconies and upgraded contemporary furnishings and decor reflecting tropical Caribbean elements. Club Med Punta Cana is the family destination par excellence where adults will enjoy the Zen Oasis space reserved for adults for true relaxation, then with the children, unlimited land and water sports (sailing, kite surfing and archery). arc), acrobatic activities at the Circus School by Club Med, and family activities from the Club Med Amazing Family program. The resort’s main restaurant, Hispaniola, will also be reopened, which will be completely transformed into a Caribbean Beach Bistro with ocean views. The restaurant will offer a selection of creative unique dishes with local and international flavors to satisfy all palates.