LONDON, July 12. 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Japan Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report” offered by GlobalData Plc provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Japan today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators through 2026. Each year , the report provides an in-depth analysis of near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and shifting demand by service type and technology/platform in Fixed-line, Broadband, Telephony markets mobile and pay-TV, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Japan telecom market size was valued at USD 119.8 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during 2021-2026. The growth of the telecommunications market in Japan will be driven by the continued expansion of the 5G network by major MNOs such as NTT Docomo, KDDI, Softbank and Rakuten, which will create opportunities for wireless network infrastructure and service providers. equipment.
To get more information about Japan youelecom market forecast, download one sample report
Japan Telecom Market – Competitive landscape
NTT Docomo leads the mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions, followed by KDDI. During the forecast period, NTT will maintain its leadership position in the mobile services industry, supported by its continued focus on expanding the mobile network. It is also focused on rolling out 6G technology, with plans to bring it to market by 2030.
Leader in telecommunications The operators in Japan
- NTT: Focusing on modernizing and upgrading the 5G network, NTT partnered with Nokia in December 2021 to provide its O-RAN fronthaul multi-vendor solution. This step will allow the operator to use more independent hardware and software combinations in the future to optimize their network.
- KDDIName: Focusing on expanding the Internet network, KDDI has partnered with aerospace manufacturer and space transportation service provider SpaceX (Starlink) to provide high-speed Internet connectivity to remote islands and mountainous areas of Japan via the satellites of the American company. Around 1,200 locations will receive high-speed, low-latency satellite internet from 2022.
- Soft Bank: It worked with Nokia to deploy a Shared Radio Access Network (RAN) across Japan in October 2021. This deployment would allow Softbank to scale capacity flexibly and efficiently as its 5G business scales. It also partnered with Ericsson in June 2021 to deploy MORAN (Multi-Operator Radio Access Network) technology in its network. This decision would enable a modern, flexible and efficient network deployment across the country.
Other telecom operators in Japan
- Rakuten Mobile
Japan Telecom Market Share by The operators
To learn more about management telecom companies in Japan, download one sample report
Japan Telecom Market Regulation Highlights
To bolster cyber defense in the country, the Japanese government has announced plans to pass new legislation for 14 vital infrastructure sectors, including telecommunications, in May 2021. The government will require key infrastructure operators to address national security concerns when purchasing foreign-made equipment.
Japan Telecom Market segmentation by service
- Mobile services
- Fixed benefits
- Pay TV services
Japan Telecom Market analysis by service
For more information about Japanese youtelecoms market segmentation information, download one sample report
Japan Telecom Market Report Scope
The Country Intelligence Report provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- The demographic and macroeconomic context in Japan.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory framework and agenda for the next 18-24 months, as well as relevant developments regarding spectrum licensing, DTT migration, IoT regulations, etc.
- Telecommunications and Pay-TV Services Market Outlook: Analysis as well as historical figures and service revenue forecasts of the fixed-line, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: examination of the positioning of the main players in the telecommunications and pay-TV services market, as well as the subscription market shares in all segments.
- Company portraits: analysis of the financial situation of the main service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The assumptions underlying our published baseline outlook, as well as potential market developments that would alter, positively or negatively, our baseline outlook.
Reasons to buy
- This country insights report offers in-depth, forward-looking analysis of Japan’s telecommunications markets, service providers, and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives craft proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying forecast products from GlobalData, the report examines assumptions and drivers for ongoing and upcoming trends in the Japan mobile communications, fixed-line and broadband markets, including changes in market shares of service providers.
- With over 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, delivering quality presentation.
- The report provides an easy-to-digest market assessment for decision-makers, based on in-depth insights gathered from local market players, enabling executives to quickly become familiar with current and emerging trends in Japan’s telecommunications markets.
- The report’s broad perspective, coupled with comprehensive and actionable details, will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging Japan telecom market.
- G8 Countries Wireless Telecommunications Services Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2026 – Click on hbefore
- Wireless Telecommunications Services Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2026 (Global Almanac) – Clickk here
- North America Wireless Telecommunications Services (NAFTA) Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2026 – Clickk here
- Intelligence report on Egyptian telecommunications operators – Click here
- Peru Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report – Click itre
Overview of the telecommunications market in Japan
|Market size 2021||$119.8 billion|
|Telecom sector||Mobile services, fixed broadband services and pay-TV services|
|Main operators||NTT, KDDI, SoftBank, IIJ, Rakuten Mobile, Optage and others|
What was the Japan youelecom market size in 2021?
The telecommunications market in Japan was valued at $119.8 billion in 2021.
What is the Japan youelecom market growth rate?
The telecom market in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period.
What are the key drivers of the telecommunications market in Japan?
The growth of the Japanese telecommunications market will be driven by the continued expansion of the 5G network by major MNOs such as NTT Docomo, KDDI, Softbank and Rakuten, which will create opportunities for wireless network infrastructure and equipment vendors .
What are the main segments of the telecommunications market in Japan?
Mobile services, fixed broadband services and pay-TV services are key service segments in the Japanese telecommunications market.
What are the main telecoms operators in Japan?
Major operators in the telecom market in Japan are NTT, KDDI, SoftBank, IIJ, Rakuten Mobile, Optage, and others.
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom Market Outlook
Total telecommunications service revenues
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Basic Forecast Assumptions
Cover of Country Intelligence Report
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics and insights on the world’s biggest industries. In an increasingly fast-paced, complex and uncertain world, it’s never been harder for organizations and decision-makers to predict and navigate the future. That’s why GlobalData’s mission is to help our customers understand the future and benefit from faster and better informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of customers rely on GlobalData for reliable, timely and actionable information. Our solutions are designed to provide everyday benefit to professionals within enterprises, financial institutions, professional services and government agencies.
PR Manager EMEA
+44 (0)207 936 6400