Biden pitted India’s success against China’s failure to manage the COVID-19 pandemic despite the two countries being of comparable size.
Biden added that Prime Minister Modi’s success has shown the world that democracies can deliver on their promises and has shattered the “myth that autocracies like China and Russia can better manage a rapidly changing world because their leaders can take and implement decisions without going through lengthy democratic processes,” the official said.
According to the official, these remarks by President Biden seemed off the cuff, as he made a special intervention to say so before his prepared remarks.
!1 new updateClick here for the latest updates
PM Modi tells President Biden
- Our people-to-people relationships and strong economic cooperation make our partnership unique
- Our common defense and other interests and our shared values have strengthened our bond of trust
- We also discussed the lingering effects of Russia’s brutal and unwarranted invasion of Ukraine
BJP announces candidates for biennial Karnataka Legislative Council elections
Bharatiya Janata Party announces candidates for biennial Karnataka Legislative Council elections https://t.co/CqIWvFhO56
— ANI (@ANI) 1653372565000
Post-election violence in West Bengal
TMC Birbhum District Chairman Anubrata Mondal will not appear before CBI at the CGO complex today citing health concerns
Prez Biden tells Prime Minister Modi during bilateral meeting
- I am happy that we are renewing the vaccination program between India and the United States
- I am committed to making the US-India partnership one of the closest we have on earth
Kejriwal government shares Delhi education model in London
Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia discussed Delhi’s education model in front of 122 education ministers and experts from around the world at the World Education Forum-2022, London.
Local rail services on Mumbai port line disrupted
Local rail services on the Mumbai Port line were disrupted due to electricity problems. Following the disruption, a number of passengers, mostly office workers, complained that trains on the Port Line, which provides connectivity with Navi Mumbai and the western suburbs with South Mumbai, were in delay of at least 15-20 minutes during the morning rush hour. .
IRCTC planned to be aggressive on tourism
money laundering case
The underworld don Dawood Ibrahim is in Karachi, Pakistan – his sister Haseena Parkar’s son Alishah Parkar told ED; also tells ED that he and his family are not in contact with Dawood and that Dawood’s wife Mehajabin contacts his wife and sisters during festivals
Delhi: Meetings of Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) and Union Cabinet to be held tomorrow
China reports 141 new local confirmed cases of COVID-19, 58 in Shanghai
China has reported 141 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, including 58 in Shanghai and 41 in Beijing, the National Health Commission said. Beijing’s municipal health commission said the city had reported seven asymptomatic local cases.
Aditya Birla Fashion to raise Rs 2,195 crore in primary capital from GIC
- Aditya Birla Fashion’s Board of Directors has approved a fundraising of up to Rs 2,195 crore through the issuance of shares and warrants to a subsidiary of GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund.
- GIC will now invest Rs 770 crore, followed by up to Rs. 1,425 crore within 18 months of exercising the warrants.
- After the full investment, GIC will hold an approximate 7.5% stake in ABFRL, while Aditya Birla Group will hold an approximate 51.9% stake.
India COVID-19 Report
India reports 1,675 new cases, 1,635 recoveries and 31 deaths in the past 24 hours.
Pfizer says Covid shot 80% effectiveness in young children
Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech said preliminary clinical data showed their three-dose Covid-19 vaccine regimen was 80% effective for children aged 6 months to 5 years at preventing the disease during the Omicron wave.
Quad is ‘not just a passing fad, we’re talking business’: Biden at Quad summit in Japan
Jharkhand Case IAS Pooja Singhal
The Law Enforcement Directorate is conducting raids in six locations in Ranchi, Jharkhand and one location in Muzaffarpur, Bihar
At the Tokyo summit, Quad leaders will hail a major maritime initiative: the Indo-Pacific Partnership for Maritime Domain Awareness (IPMDA), which will track dark shipping: The White House
Airbnb says it will close its domestic operations in China from July 30
The company, however, said Chinese users will still be allowed to book overseas listings and experiences.
Sri Lanka raises fuel prices and encourages people to ride FMH
Sri Lanka has raised petrol prices by 20-24% and also increased diesel prices by 35-38%, Energy and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera said.
Australian Prime Minister Albanese in Quad
We will bring more resources and energies to secure our region as we enter a new and more complex phase of the Pacific strategic environment. We will continue to stand with you, our like-minded friends and collectively defending each other.
The Russian invasion of Ukraine squarely calls into question the principles enshrined in the United Nations Charter
– Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida
US President Joe Biden meets the Quad Leaders
- The United States will be a strong, stable, and enduring partner in the Indo-Pacific. We are Indo-Pacific powers. As long as Russia continues the war, we will be partners and lead a global response. We stick together for the shared values and vision we have
- Putin is just trying to extinguish a culture. It’s more than a European problem, it’s a global problem. The world food crisis could worsen if Russia prevents Ukraine from exporting its cereals. As long as Russia continues the war, the United States will work with its partners
Quad has gained prominence on the world stage in a short time. Our mutual cooperation promotes the realization of a free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific region: PM Modi
US President Biden welcomes Prime Minister Modi to Quad Summit and says it’s wonderful to see you again in person
Visual of the place of the summit of the Quad
Quad Leader Summit in Tokyo
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, US President Joe Biden, Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida host Quad Leaders Summit in Tokyo
China reports 688 new COVID cases
Mainland China reported 688 new coronavirus cases on May 23, of which 156 were symptomatic and 532 were asymptomatic, the National Health Commission said.
Bolsonaro fires new Petrobras chairman after just 40 days
Brazil’s top economy ministry official, Caio Mario Paes, will be the next chief executive of Brazil’s state-owned oil company Petrobras, the government announced, replacing a predecessor who served less than two months in the post.
Tokyo: Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives for the Quad Leaders’ Summit
India ships rice and other essentials to crisis-ridden Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka has received a first batch of $16 million in humanitarian aid from neighboring India to help ease severe shortages caused by the country’s worst economic crisis in recent memory.
No urgent need for mass vaccinations against monkeypox: WHO
- The World Health Organization does not believe the monkeypox outbreak outside of Africa requires mass vaccinations, as measures such as good hygiene and safe sexual behavior will help control its spread, said a senior official.
- His comments came as the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said they were in the process of releasing some doses of the Jynneos vaccine for use in monkeypox cases.
Pentagon says more high-tech weapons are going to Ukraine
Nearly 50 defense leaders from around the world have met and agreed to send more advanced weapons to Ukraine, including a harpoon launcher and missiles to protect its shores, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said.
WEF: Adani Group and Andhra Pradesh Government sign MoU
Recent attack on Desna kills 87: Zelenskyy
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said last week’s attack on the town of Desna left 87 people dead. Desna is 55 kilometers (34 miles) north of kyiv. Zelenskyy said debris removal at Desna in the Chernihiv region was complete and the deaths and destruction were caused by only four missiles. Zelenskyy made the comments in his Monday evening speech, on the eve of the third anniversary of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Covid-19 pandemic ‘far from over’ says WHO chief
- The head of the World Health Organization recalled here that the Covid-19 pandemic is far from over.
- “…the pandemic is far from over. And while we continue to fight it, we face the task of restoring essential health services, with 90% of Member States reporting a disruption of one or more services essential health care,” said the WHO director. -Said General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.